Options

Plugins not visible

naharvikasnaharvikas Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello Guys,

Earlier i had developed a plugin for some image processing. Now I have developed a few more image processing operators and I am trying to develop a plugin for the same. I did followed exactly the same procedure which i had followed the last time. The code gets compiled properly and a jar file is also created. After copying the jar file into the plugin folder of rapidminer on starting rapidminer i dont get any kind of error but i am unable to see my operators in the rapidminer window. Could anyone plz let me the solution or where i could be going wrong?

Thanks and Regards
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello

Do you use the CVS-Version ? If this is true, did you recognize this: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,58.0.html

If this not help...
    I did followed exactly the same procedure which i had followed the last time. The code gets compiled properly and a jar file is also created
    Maybe you can tell us, what you did exactly  ;)

greetings

Steffen
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    I am not using the CVS.

I am extending the Rapidminer.
    I have a class which extends operator and a result class extends ResultObjectAdapter.
    I have given bodies to the necessary methods in the above classes.
    Then i am using build.xml to create a Jar file and adding operator.xml file to the Mani-Fest folder in created jar file.
    After this i copy the created jar file into the plugins folder and trying to run rapidminer.
    It opens successfully but I am unable to see my operators.
  • Options
    I just tested my code in the CVS version and it works perfectly fine.
    I really dont know on what i am missing while creating a jar file..
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    @naharvikas:

As Steffen has pointed out: for plugins which should be combined with the latest CVS version (and also with future versions), it is necessary to add another entry in the manifest file. Please follow the instructions given in the link

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,58.0.html

This should do the trick. A complete manifest should then look like this (taken from the Text plugin):

Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
    Created-By: 10.0-b22 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    Implementation-Vendor: Rapid-I
    Implementation-Title: Text Plugin
    Implementation-URL: http://www.rapid-i.com
    Implementation-Version: 4.1
    RapidMiner-Version: 4.1
    RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin
    The last line (RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin) is new and indicates that this is a RM plugin. Just put the contents given above in a file MANIFEST.MF and place it in the META-INF folder of your jar file.

Hope that helps,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Thanks you guys for your help.
    Actually i am using Rapidminer version 4.0
    And I found the problem. The problem was I was naming the operators.xml file as operator.xml.

But now I came to know about the this latest change and will include in my plugin

Thanks again guys.
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    As long as it works  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo