"Selecting attribut with high weight from producd weight file"

shk721shk721 Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi;

i am mow looking for method to sort the attribute generated by weightining process. The aim is to select percentage of the data based on the order.

Actually , i have triyed to edit xml which is the format of this file .However , is there any simple way to do that.

Regard;
Hassan
Tagged:

Answers

• steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello Hassan

Since I am not sure whether you want to select a subset of features  or a subset of rows, I will explain both.

Subset of features
    Suppose you have already generated AttributeWeights.
    I suggest in Preprocessing->Attributes->Selection the operator "AttributeWeightSelection". This operator allows you to select a subset of features based on the AttributeWeights. Take a look at the tutorial.pdf (available at the rapidminer download page) where you will find a more detailed explanation of this operator.

Select a subset of rows
    Suppose you got an attribute named "weight" which is already a part of the ExampleSet. I suggest in Preprocessing->Data->Filter the operator "ExampleFilter". For Example with parameters like this:
     <operator name="ExampleFilter" class="ExampleFilter">
            <parameter key="condition_class" value="attribute_value_filter"/>
            <parameter key="parameter_string" value="weight&gt;=0.5"/>
        </operator>
    This will return only the examples whose value of the attribute "weight" is greater than 0.5.
    Take a look at the tutorial.pdf (available at the rapidminer download page) where you will find a more detailed explanation of this operator.

hope this was helpful

Steffen
  • shk721shk721 Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Thanks so much for this helpful hint.

it is now working perfectly.

cheers;
    Hassan
  • steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    You are welcome  :)