Options

save predicted labels

fromfrom Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
hi guys,
Im using a standard 'cross validation with SVM' scheme and want to get the predicted labels computed by the trained SVM on the test data set. How do I do that?
Thanks! P.

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

simply replace the X-Validation operator by the operator X-Prediction. If you want both, predicted labels and estimated performance in a single run you would have to append the predictions after model application to a data set (via Remember, Recall, and Append or directly writing in a database for example).

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    fromfrom Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    thanks! that helped..
  • Options
    wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    How come the split validation operator can not return the labelled test set?

It only returns the full "data set". It does not return the part used for training and the part used for testing.
  • Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,
    wessel wrote:

How come the split validation operator can not return the labelled test set?

It only returns the full "data set". It does not return the part used for training and the part used for testing.
    that is because the main purpose of that operator is validation, i.e. computation of the performance, not the model application - normally, you would want to get the performance as main output and not the example set.

Kind regards,
    Tobias