Options

Apply same preprocessing scheme to trainig set and test set

wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

How to do the same thing twice in RapidMiner?
I have a sequence of preprocessing operators which I need to apply on both my training and test set.
Of course I can copy all these operators, but this often leads to mistakes when you change something and forget to make the same change in the copy.

Regards,

Wessel

Answers

• Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi Wessel,

I published the solution on the MyExperiment.org portal.

[Add at 27.5.10]
    Just search for Apply Same Preprocessing to Learning and Validation Data in the community plugin and klick on Open in oprder to load the process.

Alternatively you can download the process here:
    [end Add]

Here is the link: http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/1280

Ciao Sebastian

• Options
    How do I open this xml file?

Its not text its encrypted.
  • Options
    colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    The download is a bit confusing. Just add .zip to the name of the downloaded file or open it with any zip/extract program and you will find the desired XML-code file inside the archive.
  • Options
    Hi Folks,

i agree, this is confusing. The file should have the .zip ending.

However, the community plugin provides a search for workflows where you can find all rapidminer processes.

If you search for Apply Same Preprocessing to Learning and Validation Data you find the process and can just load it by klick on the "Open" button without dealing with downloading and unzipping files.

Ciao Sebastian.
  • Options
    I created an account on http://www.myexperiment.org/.
    I added the myexperiment view to RM.
    But It does not let me search.
  • Options
    Hi wessel,

what excactly happens?

are you behind a proxy?

You can open the MyExperiment Browser through menu View -> Show View -> MyExperiment Browser

In the MyExperiment Browser is a serach field where you can enter a term. You can restrict the result to RM porcesses by selecting the checkbox "Show only RM processes"

Then you should get some results if you press the search button.

By the way, you actually do not need an acount and/or be logged in to search and open RM processes.

Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

Hmm. Usually this should be even possible without having an account as long as the process was published for all. I will try this...

...and succeeded. I just opened the view, typed in "Apply Same Preprocessing" into the text field left of the search button and clicked on "Search". The process was found and displayed below. I have selected the process in the list of search results below the search field (containing only this process) and it will be shown on the right. Clicking on open loads the process into RapidMiner.

I want to write a short description of working with the Community Extension in our blog anyway (containing screenshots etc.) and probably will start during the weekend.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm now trying on my windows pc.
    At least I'm now getting search results, and I can preview work flows.
    But when I click open, the download work flow task never completes.

Am I behind a proxy? I think not? How do I check? I'm am connected trough a router which is connected to the internet.

When I login, I never get a confirmation that I'm actually logged in.
    When I type the wrong password, it does not error.