Options

"Web mining Rapidminer robot_filter"

antoineantoine Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello all,

I don't if it is the right place to post my request. I need to know how you ( a Rapid Miner user who uses it as a web miningusage tool)- when you're importing your web log file- do to set your robot_filter file.

It works when I type in my robot_filter file just [g|G]oogle for example. However I don't really want to do so for a thousand different bots...

So I've tried to find a list which I can paste in my file. On this website http://www.robotstxt.org/db/all.txt   they offer the possibility to download the robots list in a .txt format .
But apparently RapidMiner doesn't like it, i got many errors due to bad characters and wrong enclosure...

So what do I have to do in order to have a proper robots list which can be read by rapidminer ?

Thank you in advance,

Antoine

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Antoine,
    what does RapidMiner complain about in detail? Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the web mining operators, but I assume the file must consists of regular expressions? Then you would need to escape special characters of regular expressions, you will find some advice on this on google.

Greetings,
      Sebastian