Options

Report Operator -> Configure Report -> Scatter -> Scatter Range List

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
The plotter for the report operator is fantastic. For some reason the scatter range list does not seem to work. You cannot add any item to the filter list. I remember this being an option in the regular plot view but now I do not see it. Has this been removed?

Thanks,
-Gagi

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this has never been able in the plot view. You can select the shown range by drawing an rectangular selection with the mouse. The view will the zoom to this part of data space.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    My problem is I have a 3D dataset. If I want to look at slices and plot all x,y for z=1 how could I do that through the plot operator. I think it would make sense to select all samples that have z=1 then plot but I thought there was a way to do this within the plotter rather than having to use an external filter operator.  ;D

Thanks,
    -Gagi
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gagi,
    this isn't possible right now. Already planned, but did not manage though...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Great to hear.  ;D

Additionally I noticed that when 2D "color" (scatter) plotting unknown values will receive a unique color, however when using other plots like bubble or scatter 3D the unknown values will receive one of the existing colors which is very confusing for visualization.

Thanks,
    -Gagi
  • Options
    Hi,
    if this is the case, please write a bug report.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    After exploring this I realized the range list is only used to set the axis limits for the plot window.

Unfortunately when you set the Range List in the report operator the values are removed when revisiting the range list entry box. So if you set them once they work, however if you go back to check or change anything the range list is empty.

This can be very frustrating.  :P

-Gagi
  • Options
    Hi,
    I see. I can reproduce this behavior. Could you please send a bug report for this?
    It's a pity I have to ask you this the felt tenth time today...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Ok I'm getting on the bug reports. :) Thanks for all your patience and for putting up with all our requests.  ;D

-Gagi