Options

Offline Updates

christopher_skechristopher_ske Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi all.  We are using Rapidminer 5 in an offline environment (not connected to internet).  Is there a way to get the the updates (primarily the Weka classifiers) in an offline way such as a bundle of files or something like that?  Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Answers

• Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I'm not sure about updating RM itself but extensions can be downloaded to one computer and copied between offline computers by moving ~/.RapidMiner5/managed to the home folder of the computer running the code that is offline.

-Gagi
  • Options
    colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Aa far as I know you can simply download the JAR files for the extensions from sourceforge and put them into the RM subdirectory lib/plugins. There should always be one file per extension and the previously installed extensions should be disabled (Help - Manage Extensions in RM-GUI). Works really easy for extensions. For the RapidMiner program itself it should be possible to simply overwrite files with the ones from the latest archive also available at sourceforge.
  • Options
    christopher_skechristopher_ske Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I tried the moving first solution of copying the /managed subdirectory from my home directory.  Worked just fine. Thanks.