"Vector Linear Regression"

SchalkekidSchalkekid Member Posts: 17 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everybody,
how can I use the Operator "Vector Linear Regression".
To the best of my knowledge it uses a vector of labels.
These labels are 'special' attributes the names of which all start with 'label'.
I tried to set multiple attributes to the role 'special', but it seems as if there is only one special attribute allowed/supported.
Everytime I set an attribute to role 'special' the former special attribute 'disappears'.

So, what have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Felix
Tagged:

Answers

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

apparently the docs are confusing. "special" does not mean the role should be "special", it only means you have to define a role. Attributes with roles defined are considered special. The role names must start with "label", not the attribute names.

Best,
    Simon
  • JulianJulian Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi,

Im trying to get the vector linear regression to run for quite some time now,
    any suggestions how to name roles? Are there any tutorials or sample models you know of that could help further?

LG Julian
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Julian,

you can use the "Set Role" Operator to mark attributes as label. In the name field specify the name of the desired attribute, and as target role enter something like "label_1" or any other string beginning with label.

Yours,
    Marius
  • JulianJulian Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Many thanks,
    I just realized I can also alter the "target role"-name.
    Changing the name in a scroll down menu was a little contra intuitive to me.

Cheers
  • horstmaenhorstmaen Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    How can you do an X-Validation for the Vector Linear Regression?
    Or is it not possible for multiple labels?