Options

split (select) on Label

nwlongbnwlongb Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
Is there a way to select a portion of a data set through the label identifiers?  I have image data imported and running through a classification chain, but I can only subset the data through the use of "Select attribute" (such as image band), which is very useful, but I would also like to select on labels (in my case - class type).  Any suggestion appreciated.

I am a new user to RapidMiner.  So the answer may be as simple as an operator name.  To cover my butt, I have searched both these forums on the web via google for the answer.  Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,
    To cover my butt, I have searched both these forums on the web via google for the answer
    Definitely encourages answers!

You can actually do this just with the filter operator, using the attribute_value_filter  :o Which, I agree, is not immediately intuitive.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.0">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="161" width="346">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="59" y="89"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="76" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="246" y="75">
            <parameter key="condition_class" value="attribute_value_filter"/>
            <parameter key="parameter_string" value="label&lt;0.5"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Filter Examples" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Filter Examples" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>