"Cannot connect to Database"

jsimoesjsimoes Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect with the database and I am getting the following error:

"Communications link failure Last packet sent to the server was 0 ms ago."

I am running Snow Leopard with Rapid-I 5. The database is running locally and I can access it from both console and phpAdmin. Any ideas of where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Jose
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Jose,
    there are dozens of problems possible. To start with: Which data base system are you using?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • jsimoesjsimoes Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    MySQL... with XAMPP.. What's next?
  • flyfireflyfire Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    Hi there.
    First, check the 'Show Database Driver' in the 'Tool' menu, see if the MySQL driver is available.
    If so, Try the right format of the connection string like "jdbc:mysql://host:port/database" as well as the right user name and password.
    If not, download the right driver, and put it in the setuppath/Rapid-I/RapidMiner5/lib/jdbc, restart RapidMiner, and try the step above.

:),
    Flyfire.
  • jsimoesjsimoes Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Everything is there and correctly configured. The problem is that I am not using the DB from the MAC computer but from XAMPP. The other DB it connect correctly. However, when I kill it's process and launch the other DB it does not work. And I don't understand why..

Any other ideas?

PS: It is working with remote databases - The only problem is localhost!
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    did you check if the MySQL user has the privilege to connect to that database from localhost?
    In the Connection Settings Dialog there's a "Check Connection" button. What does it report if you press it?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • preethypreethy Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hello,

I am using RapidMiner 5.3.
    I am trying to read some data from csv files and would like to put it into a MySQL database. I am using write database operator. I added the connection settings, the database name, username and password. When I test the connection, I am getting "Communication link failure. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago....".

I tried out the below suggestions:

1. Removed the jar file from lib/jdbc and installed another version.-Didn't work
    2. Added a new user with all privileges assigned. Didn't work.

Can anyone help out?