"Loop of Death"
How about this one, interesting.. I updated my rapid version and R plug-in and it redid the installation process and found the libraries and all seemingly OK. As I click the exit restart button, it never restarts.. fine no problem i restart it myself only to wind up back in the R plugin installation process again... Can't get out!!
Found Library in C:\Program Files\R\R-220.127.116.11\library\r.Java\jri\JRIEngine.jar This is a good thing. I can click OK to get to the EXIT now, I will restart RapidMIner. That's when the loop starts. Interestingly, If I click the upper right hand corner X to exit the dialogue box, I do go to RapidMiner, but then get this error:
Could not load native library The local binary library 'C:\Program Files\R\R-18.104.22.168\library\r.Java\jri\JRIEngine.jar' could not be loaded
Reason: C:\Program Files\R\R-22.214.171.124\library\r.Java\jri\JRIEngine.jar %1 is not a valid WIN32 application.
This is odd, as I only downloaded the WIN32 files and not any WIN 64 files.
I can still run the application, but not the R operator.
I uninstalled all, re-downloaded all files to make sure that all were WIN 32 and got the same results.
well, I will add a Button do deactivate the extension if you can't get it to work. Until then, please press the X button of the dialog and deactivate the Extension in the Help / Manage Extensions Menu.
Please install R 2.12.0, since I don't have tried it with 2.12.2. Then please check if the jri.dll in the C:\Program Files\R\R-126.96.36.199\library\rJava\jri\ directory is indeed a copy of the C:\Program Files\R\R-188.8.131.52\library\r.Java\jri\i386\jri.dll
we will make another update as soon as possible cutting this loop and we are heading for including the complete R into the Extension, so that any inconvenient configuration will be avoided.
I had also encountered this problem and I have found the solution. I have posted my original question and the solution at the following post
In essence, using something like
in .bashrc worked out for me.
If it does not work, i.e if lib.so is missing, try follow the instructions at the URL
It looks like it is more of an R problem than that of rapidminer.
those are great infos - thanks for finding out!