RM does not find lib/plugin

B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi

I've installed RM on  a Mac.  I've copied the text plugin to lib/plugin but RM does not see it.  The manual states I only have to copy the files to the plugin directory.  I'm sure it's something simple.  Any ideas why RM does not see the text plugin?

Thanks

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

did you use the latest versions of RapidMiner and the text plugin? Both 4.2? The plugins now have to define that they are actually a RM plugin in order to distinguish them from other .jar files.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
    Yes, RM 4.2

I looked through the menu choices and did not find any configuration choice.  How do the plugins define themselves as plugins?

From the manuals

4.2-Tutorial
    2.5 Plugins (page 38)
    In order to install RapidMiner plugins, it is sufficient to copy them to the
    lib/plugins subdirectory of the RapidMiner installation directory. Rapid-
    Miner scans all jar files in this directory.  In case a plugin comes in an archive
    containing more than a single jar file (maybe documentation or samples), please
    only put the jar file into the lib/plugins directory and refer to the plugin
    documentation about what to do with the other files.

text-4.2-tutorial
    3.1 Installation
    The WVTool Plugin is installed by downloading the Text plugin jar file from
    the RapidMiner homepage and putting it into lib/plugins directory of your
    RapidMiner installation (see the RapidMiner Handbook for details). After
    the plugin is installed, you see an additional category for operators "Text" in the
    list of RapidMiner IO operators.

Thanks for your help.  And I'll double check it is RM 4.2.

B.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi B.,

I looked through the menu choices and did not find any configuration choice.  How do the plugins define themselves as plugins?
    Sorry, my comment was probably confusing. The plugin files themself have to define that they are a plugin (done by a Manifest entry), not the user. So there is usually nothing that have to be done beside copying the plugin file if both versions match.

We do not have a Mac here but I will ask a collegue of mine if he could try it and will write back if I get any feedback.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
    Reinstalled everything.  Works now. 

Thank you Ingo.