"Read DataBase

fionafiona Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,
I know the operator Read DataBase can build sql query and I can get the right answer.
I also find the opertaor Execute SQL can also build sql query,but I can not get the right answer when I write a simple select query.
Can you tell me how to use the operator Execute SQL  and what's the difference between these two operators.
Thank you!
Tagged:

Answers

• haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,

The  "Execute SQL" operator cannot be used to load data from databases but mereley to execute SQL statements like CREATE or ADD etc. In oder to load data from a database, the operators DatabaseExampleSource or CachedDatabaseExampleSource can be used.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as a side note: The two operators referenced by Haddock are now called "Read Database" or "Stream Database" in RapidMiner 5.0.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    I was quoting from the help. !!
    This operator performs an arbitrary SQL statement on an SQL database. The SQL query can be passed to RapidMiner via a parameter or, in case of long SQL statements, in a separate file. Please note that column names are often case sensitive. Databases may behave differently here.
    Please note that this operator cannot be used to load data from databases but mereley to execute SQL statements like CREATE or ADD etc. In oder to load data from a database, the operators DatabaseExampleSource or CachedDatabaseExampleSource can be used.