Using GA for classification??

Sandra2612Sandra2612 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello everyone!

I am a new user of RapidMiner, and a beginner in data mining. I am doing a research on using genetic algorithms for classification, and it is my assignment to do it in RapidMiner. Can anyone explain to me how to do it? I have the latest version of the software and I am working in Windows XP. I know that there are a few GA's included in the software, but as far as I understand, they are used only for data preparation for modeling. And I need that GA produces a model. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!
Aleksandra

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

sorry, not without coding something like this yourself. There is a lot of literature on those "Michigan" and / or "Pittsburgh" style learning systems (XCS...) and this could probably easily be included into RapidMiner as a new operator. This would actually be a nice addition, be the way  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Sandra2612Sandra2612 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hmm  :) I thought so :) thank you for your reply! if I figure out how to do this, I will notify everyone...