"Importing data uzing Webservice"

smitrasmitra Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi.
I am using RapidMiner 5 and exploring the different features of it.I have tried out importing data from the excel file and the MySQL server.
I would like to know what all other sources can be used to import the data.
I am very much interested to know how can we import the data using webservice.Is it possible to use webservice to import the data?If yes then what all things i need to have and what are the steps i need to follow.

Please let me the steps for the above requirements..
Any idea or suggestions are welcome..
Thanks in advance.
:)

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you can use any other read operator available in RapidMiner. please take a look there, I won't write them down here.
    You can also enter an URL into most of the read operators file name field, it will download the data source automatically.
    Together with the Text Extension you can query webservices to enrich existing data sets, or you can crawl the web to get data in the first place.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • smitrasmitra Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi..

Thanks for the reply..
    I am very new to this starting.So need some more clarification on the reply.
    I am unable to understand that the "URL" you are refering to is  "URL" of whiat??
    Is it of Wweb-Service? or some other file and what contents does the file shoul have....

Thanks in advance..
    Any idea or Suggestions are welcome.... :)