Process > Run Remotely?

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Guys,

Once again thanks for the latest release of RM 5.1! A great Christmas present.

I was looking through RM today ad noticed the Run Process Remotely. How can I set this up? I have a server running the standard version of RM 5.1 do I need a special server version?

Thanks,
-Gagi  ;D

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

ho,ho,ho - aeh, I meant: thanks  ;D

You will need RapidAnalytics for letting processes run remotely. It's pretty simple:
    • Download and install RapidAnalytics
    • Set up a new remote repository in RapidMiner which is hosted at your RapidAnalytics installation
    • Define a process, you could store it directly on the server
    • Run this process remotely - a dialog will pop up and allows the selection of the server and other settings
    More information about all of those steps can be found in the manual of RapidAnalytics. I really recommend to try this once. Having the input and output as well as all processes at one central location as well as the possibility for long-running processes on the server without the need for keeping RapidMiner up all the time is already great. Not to speak about the easy web service definition from processes, the scheduler, the web-based reporting (ok, that's only in Enterprise Edition but it is really great!), the...

Have fun! Cheers,
    Ingo
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Cool Thanks!

I will have to check that out. Currently I have set up remote desktop clients for our server to run RM. It works well but it looks like Rapid Analytics seems like a win!  ;D

-Gagi
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    It definitely is  8)

Cheers,
    Ingo