extracting a folder of .txt files

muuhmuuh Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey,
I have a folder with 2000 .txt files. How can i tell the programm to read the entire folder, so that i do not need to open each file seperatly?

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

did you already found the operator "Loop Files"?

If the files are actually text data which should be transformed with the Text Extension, there is also an operator called "Process Documents from Files".

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • muuhmuuh Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Sry, I don't get it.
    I think i found the Loop operation, but there is no outgoing Symbol at it.
    My actual work is to count how often words in those 2000 .txt files reappear.

Can you give me further help?
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi again,

well, in case of text files I would go for the "Process Documents from Files" operator instead of the "Loop Files" as I have said before.

1. Install the Text Extension.
    2. Create a process using the "Process Documents from Files" operator and configure it.
    3. Add a simple tokenization inside of the operator (double click it to go inside).
    4. Change vectorization mode from TFIDF to "Term Occurences".
    5. Run it.

There are dozens of videos about this and other basic text mining tasks on our web site, on RapidMiner Resources, on YouTube, on...

Cheers,
    Ingo