Obtaining the community version of RapidMiner

dcaldweldcaldwel Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I've downloaded the community version of RapidMiner twice.  Each time I have clicked through to "Install", that button is dimmed and the program won't install. Any thoughts on how I might overcome this problem?
Thanks for your help.

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

due to restrictions in Windows Vista (really a pain from the developers point of view...) there is a built-in check in the installer which tries if the specified directory can be created. This is performed to ensure that the directory is writable for the installing user. Although this check actually works, it unfortunately prevents the installation if the directors is not manually constructed.

Hence, the workaround is rather simple: just create the installation folder manually (either by creating it before the installation or by manually creating the desired folder and re-selecting it in the installation dialog). The improvement of the installer is actually already on our todo list for version 4.3.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • dcaldweldcaldwel Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thank you, Ingo.  That solved the problem.  I appreciate your help.