Options

Which one ist 64bit?

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I would like to know which version of Rapidminer is 64bit capable. There are versions for Win32/64 and for "other platforms".
Does the version for other platforms offer 64bit support? Do I need a special Java Version?

Thank you

Stephan

Answers

• Options
    I forgot to mention: I'm running RM on a Ubuntu System and a Mac Pro with 64bit Leopard and Intel XEONs.
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

as you have probably noticed we deliver a prepared 64 bit version for Windows users. This only needs a 64 bit version of Windows to run properly.

For all other systems, you have to use the "Other Platforms" version for both 32 bit and 64 bit usage. Then you will need

- a 64 bit Ubuntu (I assume you have one on your 64 bit platform)
    - a 64 bit Java version for your platform which can be obtained at http://java.sun.com

That's all. Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Thank you so far.

Does it also run on my 64bit Apple System? I have 64bit Java installed on both Ubuntu and the Macintosh.

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

well if you installed a 64-bit Java and it works, RapidMiner should also be working on a Mac.

Regards,
    Tobias