edited May 2019 in Help
Hi, I'm a newbie here.

I'd like to use the database store in MySQL database
Does anybody have such idea about it.
I'd like to use for mining.TQ
Tagged:

Answers

• keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    You should be able to use the JDBC database driver for MySQL that comes with RapidMiner.  I haven't used MySQL, but I have successfully used JDBC to connect to Microsoft SQL Server using the DatabaseExampleSource operator.

Hope this helps.
    Keith
  • afandiphdafandiphd Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks.

now able to connect with MysqL using IO/DatabaseExampleSource, but I don't know what other operators should be included? or if you have an example of SQL server, could you please capture and paste it here..
  • TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi,

well if you set up the [tt]DatabaseExampleSource[/tt] operator properly you already finished the initial part of every Data Mining process which is to load the data. What operators you need to put into your process after the input operator depends on what you intend to do, transform your data, learn a prediction model, etc. There are numerous operators since there are innumerable data mining tasks. To summarize, unless you do not tell us what you intend to do with your data we unfortunately are not able to tell you how to set up a process for your task in RapidMiner. Sorry, but you have to be really more specific!

Cheers,
    Tobias
  • afandiphdafandiphd Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi,

I want to classify the data. for example the first field is according to Group A,B,C.........K
    What operator should I use after employing DatabaseExample
  • steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello afandiphd

I really really suggest to....
    - do the tutorial (RapidMinerGUI->Help->RapidMiner Tutorial)
    - download the tutorial.pdf from here. Beside further explanations all operators are described in this document

Then: If you still have any more questions, feel free to come back and ask  :)

greetings

Steffen
  • TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi afandiphd,

additionally, I would like to recommend to attend one of our introductary data mining & RapidMiner courses (http://rapid-i.com/content/view/7/95/lang,en/) ... ;)

But seriously, if you want to learn a classification model, the first steps are to mark an attribute as a label by applying the [tt]ChangeAttributeRole[/tt] operator. After that, you may try a learner such as a [tt]DecisionTree[/tt], the [tt]LibSVM[/tt], [tt]NaiveBayes[/tt] .. which learner you actually can (and might want to) use depends once again on your analysis goals as well as on your data!

Cheers,
    Tobias