"Loop Files output"

carbouratorcarbourator Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello

I would like to get an output from File Loop operator, just like every other Loop operator provides. I need to perform some logic over every file in directory, create result object, collect all result objects using Collector operator and then forward it to the Loop File operator output. I don't really understand why Loop File doesn't have output port.
Is there a simple way how to solve this? If no, could I write my own Loop File operator, oveloading yours?
Thank you

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    we already have that on our list. Mightbe it will come with the next release on Friday.

Until then, you could use the Remember / Recall operators to bypass the missing output.

Greetings,
     Sebastian
  • carbouratorcarbourator Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    So I guess there was no new release yesterday? My installation says it's up to date (5.1.1). Is it going out any time soon?
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    "it's done when it's done". :)

No, seriously: We didn't want to make the update in the last our of a week. We haven't made good experience with that in the past. Just remember the lifetime of the 5.0.000 version: Exactly one weekend :)

We will release it today...

Greetings,
      Sebastian