"stream database operator - not working - JTDS - MS SQL Server 2008"

bcourtneybcourtney Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,

I get error messages about "incorrect syntax near the keyword AS"

1) I'm using the JTDS driver to SQL Server
2) The table has a primary key and is indexed
3) When I specify the label, id and weight columns this does't seem to be recognized.
Tagged:

Answers

• steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hey bcourtney

It seems that the syntax of your sql - statement is broken. Did you try it (the statement) out on a console/gui which is directly linked with your database (like e.g. SQuirrel SQL) ?

greetings,

steffen
  • bcourtneybcourtney Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    The SQL is valid.
  • steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Seems like you are a minimalist ... I'll copy your style for this thread

We do not have enough information for "remote debugging". Please post...
    - the process xml
    - the sql statement
    - the log output after running the process

1) I am not using any operators that perform database writes at all.
    2) The label column is also specified but later in the operation chain, operators can't "see" it.

Feb 23, 2011 3:28:27 PM CONFIG: Connecting to jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:xxxxx/Training;instance=SQLSERVER2008R2 as .
    Feb 23, 2011 3:28:28 PM SEVERE: Process failed: operator cannot be executed (The 'set' operation (writing data) is not supported for this type of underlying example tables, e.g. it is not supported for a data table backed up by a database. Please transform into a memory based data table first, for example with the batch processing operator, or materialize the data table in memory.). Check the log messages...
    Feb 23, 2011 3:28:28 PM SEVERE: Here:          Root[1] (Process)
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Are we meant to guess the log message? Get a grip!
    That was the end of the log. There is no need to be so aggressive.
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    There is no need to be so aggressive.
    :-*
    I think I figured out the problem.

I used Rapidminer 4.6 some time ago. In that interface there was a "wizard" which let you specify what columns were, datatypes and roles.
    That wizard is gone now. Now you can only specify the 3 basic roles when using a stream database operator, and I cannot connect a
    role to the output of the database stream. It thinks I want to "write" data, when in fact I want to designate the roles inside rapidminer, not
    be forced to "carefully craft" my input table. I think this is very limiting, mostly because this is a read only operation.

The stream database operator should have a "read-only" checkbox, so that role assignment and field designations can be made inside
    Rapidminer I think.

Thanks
    Still having a problem. I can read all my data in. When I highlight over the output from the Stream Database operator it shows the column count and Meta data infomation including a "label" column which I designated in the Stream Database Operator, however the learning methods receiving the example set input complain that a label has not been specified. additionally I cannot use set role because it thinks I might want to write to the database.

I'm stuck, any help appreciated.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    in contrast to the "Set" operator, the "set role" operator won't write to any database. What happens if you use it?

Greetings,
    Sebastian