How to export the RM results?

tinasistertinasister Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I'm planning to analyze the result from RM by another tool, I'm expecting .xlsx or .txt results. But the RM
results saved in repository is .md, how could I save the results in another format? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• tinasistertinasister Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi, Thanks a lot. I tried and it worked but when I check the exported .xls document, I found only part of the columns of the example set were stored. I also tried write .csv but the same happend. Can you tell me how can I export the whole results? BTW, my result example set contains about 700 attributes.
  • chanelopschanelops Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    If you've got an older version of Excel, that might be the problem.  Excel versions before 2007 would only handle 256 columns.

Also, I guess it's possible that the RM export function might be designed for that limit, although that would be strange, so I doubt it.

The fact that it also happened with csv leads me to think it might be an Excel limit.  Can you look at the csv file with something like Notepad and see how many columns are actually being exported into the text file?  You don't have to count them all, but just get an idea if it's closer to 250 or  more like 700.  That could give you a pointer as to where the problem is.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hello,

RapidMiner Write Excel operator creates a .xls file, which is limited to 256 columns and there is no way around that limit. Older versions of Excel up until 2003 could not handle more columns. So to create an excel file with with more than 256 columns, one would either need to use .xlsx format or create a new sheet in the .xls file for each batch of 256 columns.
    .xlsx is currently not supported for a variety of reasons, but maybe we can look into adding an option to create more sheets if the column count is > 256. I don't know right now if that's a practical solution though, so no promises there.

In regards to your .csv problem: chanelops should be correct. Excel 2003 and older are only capable of handling up to 256 columns, so if you open the .csv file with another tool or Excel 2007 and later, you will see that all columns are actually there.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JonBJonB Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    When I add a "write excel" operator, I get a tab in the results for the excel sheet but all it says in it is "memory buffered file".
    How do I get to my excel sheet?
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

probably the "fil" output port of the Write Excel operator is connected to something. Please delete this connection, then you can choose the file to be written in the operator parameters.

Best, Marius