"Installing extensions"

jeppejeppe Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi, I'm having trouble installing extensions for my analytics server.

I tried to put the web mining extension jar in bot lib/plugins and rapidanalytics/plugins and specified
com.rapidanalytics.plugindir with the FULL path (I'm on a mac - path is /Users/jeppe/code/rapidanalytics/rapidanalytics/plugins)

But extensions don't load... what am I doing wrong?

- Jeppe

Answers

• jeppejeppe Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    OK, so I found this in the server startup log:

15:24:13,570 WARNING [rapidminer] Cannot register operators from 'Web Mining': Dependencies not fulfilled! This plugin needs a RapidMiner version 5.1 and the following plugins:
    [rmx_text (5.1)]

Where can I see what rapidminer version I'm using?
  • jeppejeppe Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    I made it work - the Web Mining plugin was dependent on the text processing plugin, so adding that solved the problem.
  • inzenjer_mostarinzenjer_mostar Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Can somebody please explain how to install the text mining extension for rapid analytics. I need the exact procedure (the exact file i need to download and copy, the exact folder wher to put the file, i have this folder rapidanalytics/rapidanalytics/plugins).

I allready successfully use rapidminer with textmining extension, but processes don't work with rapidanalytics. I get the following message:
    com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: The dummy operator Process Documents from Files (replacing text:process_document_from_file) cannot be executed. 
    Thanks

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

those are the steps: Hope that helps,
    Ingo
  • inzenjer_mostarinzenjer_mostar Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Thanks very much for your help. Now it works, but the jar file:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapidminer/files/2.%20Extensions/Text%20Processing/5.1/rapidminer-Text%20Processing-5.1.001.jar/download
    didn't work for me.

Instead i copied the C:\Users\xxxxxx\.RapidMiner5\managed\rmx_text-5.1.1.jar file which was installed during the update of rapidminer 5.1

• AssafAssaf Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi,

I can't update extensios on server via the web becuase the proxy server is blocking me.
    Is there a way of download the extension and installing it?

Thanks,
    Assaf
  • colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Assaf,

this works exactly as Ingo described above. It's just one file per extension that has to be placed in the plugins folder on the server.

Regards
    Matthias
    Ingo Mierswa wrote:

... ...