"Creating a dashboard"

PeterSu80PeterSu80 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
I am working with a MySQL database that is collecting revenue information by transaction and by location. I hope to create a dashboard that can automatically show trend data like: Last 12mo total revenue, last 7 days, and be able to filter the charts by the city the sale happened. I run any major statistical packages on are there are tutorials that aim more for this purpose (most tutorials ive seen are more for complex and predictive analysis)?

Thanks!

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Are you meaning the dashboards & reports you can create with RapidAnalytics? 
    http://rapid-i.com/content/view/305/232/lang,en/
  • PeterSu80PeterSu80 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Indeed, but the one area I am having particular trouble with is how to set a range. I have a dataset where I hope to make the transaction date the ID. Eventually I want to be able to then filter out the last 7 days worth of transactions and add together in a "last 7 day revenue" type of figure (it be awesome if I could have it recognize today and run back 7 days), but if it has to be manually inputted every time (through a macro or something else) that should be fine for now.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Peter,
    that is easily possible with for example Generate Attributes. You can do there complex date operations and create a column named for example "keep" and put in a value "yes" or "no". and then Filter accordingly using a Filter Examples with Value Filter.

You might know, our enterprise editions contain support with guaranteed information time. You would have had a solution for this problem within minutes as an enterprise customer.

Greetings,
     Sebastian