Options

"Takes long time to open the XML file"

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

My code file (XML file) takes a very long time to open in RM. It is about 295KB.
In a 1GB heap space, it takes 14 minutes to open. In a 300MB heap space it takes about 30 mintes to open. Is there anything I can do with this?

Thanks,
Shubha.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you mean your process file? You can split processes over several files and executing them as part of another process by  using "execute process" operator. This can a) increase reusability of your processes and b) reduce loading time.
    But anyway this isn't normal at all. Please turn of Meta Data propagation in the "Process" menu by deactivating "Validate automatically".
    And can you send me the process by mail?

With kind regards,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Thanks Sebastian.

Yes, the process file. I will try doing that. And I dont see the "Meta Data Propagation" in the Process menu, might be because I am using 4,.4 version and there is a need to stick to this, as the code was built at that time. I am sorry that I cannot send the process file for compliance reasons.

Thanks,
    Shubha
  • Options
    Hi Sebastian,

Does the value of the macro variables get transferred from the Master process file to the other secondary process files which will be emdedded to the master? I hope the examplesets will be passes on.

Thanks in advance,
    Shubha
  • Options
    And more importantly, whether the stored examplesets in the master process file can be retrieved by the embedded processfile?

Thanks,
    Shubha
  • Options
    colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Shuba,

if you take a look at the "Execute Process" operator you will see that it has input and output ports (new ports will be appended when existing ones are connected). This way you can pass (an) example set(s) to an embedded process and retrieve it back from there. You have to enable the "use input" parameter to really pass the input to the embedded process. The result ports from the embedded process will be delivered as output ports for the "Execute Process" operator.
    If you want to use the macros from your "master process" inside the embedded process you have to declare them using the "macros" parameter list. You can simply use the same name as in the master process and assign the existing value. If you have a macro "some_macro" in your master process that is relevant for the embedded process just set "some_macro" as name and "%{some_macro}" as value to get an identical macro for the embedded process.

Regards
    Matthias

P.S. I just noticed that you are using an older version after posting, so I don't know if this all is true for you... Never used RapidMiner before 5.0
  • Options
    Thanks Mathias. The "Execute Process" operator is not present in the 4.4 version which I am using, instead it has "ProcessEmbedder" which is used for the same purpose. I used this operator, but it is not serving the purpose if I am correct. The stored files are not getting retrieved and the macro variables are not passed on. To correct this, I need to go for the latest version, but on the other hand, I have to rewrite the whole set of codes...Thanks for the reply.

-Shubha.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    if you still are using version 4.4 you don't have to be surprised if there are any problems! This version is old, very old and had some memory leaks. Everything I said about RapidMiner holds true only for RapidMiner 5.0 and above!

You really should updating or at least indicating that you are still using this ancient version.

Greetings,
    Sebastian