Compare ROCs

Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
can someone tell me please, what can man do with Compare Rocs Oprator? if I want to  compare two columns in Rapid Miner, can I do it with this oprator?  ???  Thans a lot for your help.
Best Regards :)

Answers

• colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Wolfsburg,

this operator compares ROC charts for models as the operator description says:
    Generates a ROC chart for the models created by each of the inner learners and plot all charts in the same plotter.

This will not help you when simply comparing two columns. What tests do you want to apply to the columns? If you can express them with some functions and expressions (if-then-else for example) I would suggest to consider the "Generate Attributes" operator. You can define different values for the outcome of the comparison. Please read the comprehensive operator description for details. If you need further help, please post some details regarding the intended comparison (what shall be compared and what shall happen as result).

Regards
    Matthias
  • Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
    Hi Colo,
    Thanks a lot for your Help. I want to compare two Columns, for example alt_adress with new_adress, if they are same, give me as answer in  new columns "yes" otherweise "No". or, as in haming Distance algorithm said, what percentage of a cell in alte_adress  with the same cell in new_adress is consistent.
    with best regard.
  • colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Wolfsburg,

if you just want to check if the column values are equal you can do it very easily this way:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.1.008">
     <context>
       <input/>
       <output/>
       <macros/>
     </context>
     <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
       <process expanded="true" height="145" width="279">
         <operator activated="true" class="generate_nominal_data" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Nominal Data" width="90" x="45" y="30">
           <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="2"/>
           <parameter key="number_of_values" value="3"/>
         </operator>
         <operator activated="true" class="generate_attributes" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Attributes" width="90" x="179" y="30">
           <list key="function_descriptions">
             <parameter key="att1_equals_att2" value="if(att1 == att2, &quot;true&quot;, &quot;false&quot;)"/>
           </list>
         </operator>
         <connect from_op="Generate Nominal Data" from_port="output" to_op="Generate Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
         <connect from_op="Generate Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
         <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
       </process>
     </operator>
    </process>
    If you want to achieve some sort of similarity measurement you will have to include more sophisticated methods. "Generate Attributes" allows to use some string methods (like prefix, suffix, contains, regex matching) but can not provide you a real solution for this. You will need some sort of edit distance or something like that. As far as I know there is no operator that allows calculating string similiarities up to now...

Regards
    Matthias
    Hi Matthias,
    thank you for your help. i have tried, but it is not unfortunately what I want to see as result :'(  therfore I write you my Problem exactly.
    I have two table VGA and  post joint (innen) together. now I want to compare two column address in Post  with address in VGA, so I can find out which address has changed and the results in column results as "yes"or " no" save. is it  possible in Rapid Miner?  ???
    Best Regards
    Hi,
    I catch it. Thanks a Lot Matthias. :)