"Repository connection error"

PrekoPreko Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I have Rapidanalytics running on a server and I want to access it from RapidMiner 5.1.6 on a different machine.
I have added the Remote repository, but I cannot connect to it. I have no idea how to fix the unsupported content type exception.

Please let me know if you have any clue how to fix this.

Thanks, Zoltan

Stack trace:
------------

Exception: com.sun.xml.internal.ws.server.UnsupportedMediaException
Message: Unsupported Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Supported ones are: [text/xml]
Stack trace:
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.encoding.StreamSOAPCodec.decode(StreamSOAPCodec.java:284)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.encoding.StreamSOAPCodec.decode(StreamSOAPCodec.java:118)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.encoding.SOAPBindingCodec.decode(SOAPBindingCodec.java:278)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.http.client.HttpTransportPipe.process(HttpTransportPipe.java:180)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.http.client.HttpTransportPipe.processRequest(HttpTransportPipe.java:83)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.transport.DeferredTransportPipe.processRequest(DeferredTransportPipe.java:105)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:587)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:546)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:531)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:428)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.Stub.process(Stub.java:211)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(SEIStub.java:124)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:98)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:78)
  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:107)
  $Proxy31.getFolderContents(Unknown Source)
  com.rapidminer.repository.remote.RemoteFolder.ensureLoaded(RemoteFolder.java:115)
  com.rapidminer.repository.remote.RemoteFolder.getSubfolders(RemoteFolder.java:146)
  com.rapidminer.repository.gui.RepositoryTreeModel$3.run(RepositoryTreeModel.java:186)
Tagged:

Answers

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi Zoltan,

this is almost certainly because of a wrong hostname or IP address. E.g., when you use an unknown host, many DNS servers direct you to a search page (like OpenDNS does). This has content type text/html, as opposed to the expected XML expected from RA, hence the error message. This DNS redirect is a pain. Make sure your server uses the correct hostname that can be resolved from the client.

Best,
    Simon
  • PrekoPreko Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for the DNS idea. After some reboots and some time, the problem misteriously disappeared and I am a happy RapidAnalytics user since then. :)
    I remember that I had the same problem when I first tried RapidAnalytics several months ago, and it started working after some time. You are right that this can be a network problem as both installations happened on the same network. This time I have tried both the hostname and the IP address, neither worked in RapidMiner, but both worked in a browser which might mean that the problem is Java-specific.

If I will need to install another RapidAnalytics then I will try to investigate further.

Best, Zoltan
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

one other remark on this issue: If you can't set your hostname, you can also edit

server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF/stack-agnostic-jboss-beans.xml

and enter the hostname there (property "webServiceHost").

Best,
    Simon