Options

Deleting data from repositories

vme64vme64 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I split my processing in several processes which communicate through dIatasets stored in repositories, to ease debugging and to avoiding the execution of the whole workflow when I change just the last steps. But I would like to remove some of the intermediate results in the end of the processing chain, as they can get rather big and I backup them all in my limited 2GB Dropbox... But I did not find a programmatic way to delete things from repositories, just with mouse/keyboard. Is there a way to do this, through an operator or through a groovy scripts?

As a possible feature suggestion: perhaps some kind of "cached" datasets, which could be all cleaned on demand, would be nice.

Best regards,

Vinicius

Answers

• Options
    AjAj Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    Hi,

How about reading the old repository first, then pass it through "select attributes" to filter out the attributes you do not want and rewriting it to a new repository? After that, you can possibly delete the old repository and start using the new repository from now on.

Thanks,
    Ajay
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

there is no operator to do that for you, but this groovy script could help you.

import com.rapidminer.repository.Repository;
    import com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryLocation;
    import com.rapidminer.repository.Entry;

RepositoryLocation loc = new RepositoryLocation("//LocalRepository/path/to/delete/nameOfEntry");
    Entry entry = loc.locateEntry();
    entry.delete();
    I do not recommend doing this, but it's possible.

Regards,
    Marco