Example Set remains empty

hagen85hagen85 Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi @all,

I am new to RapidMiner and just tried to link a retrieve node to the process result point. But all I can get in the "ExampleSet tab" is a message saying "Please stand by while the display is being created".

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Thanks in advance and regards
hagen

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

where do you get your ExampleSet from? The Samples repository?
    Please execute RapidMiner from the command line, and post any errors that appear when you try it again.
    Check here if you need help with that: click

Regards,
    Marco
  • hagen85hagen85 Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Thank you very much for your answer! I uninstalled Java and Rapid Miner, switched off the firewall and installed it again. Now it seems fine!
    One short follow-up question, is there a chance to get RapidMiner also accepting nominal variables for neural networks and logistic regression? I know from other tools that this is somehow possible.

Best Regards
    Hagen
  • earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    You can use a pre-processing operator to do that. Neural networks accepts only numerical variables. Use the Nominal2Numerical operator to create dummy variables for your categorical variables and then apply the NN operator. For logistic regression you can do the same or you can use the Weka-Logistic operator which will do it for you.
  • hagen85hagen85 Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Thank you for your kind help!
  • veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
    I get the same thing. It is not with data from sample , it is with real data that I'm getting it. With data from sample is working juste fine.

If the deployment took 15 min, how much should I waith for the displaying?

Thanks!
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

does it say something along the lines of "Creating results" in the lower right corner? If so, Studio is working on displaying the results. Currently there is a bug where the creation can take way too long (due to preset charts being created), this will be fixed with the next patch though.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hello,

Yes it does say in the corner (if I click on the bar)...

Thank you very much!
    Hi,

does the problem still exist with Studio 6.0.008?
    If so, what exactly does not work? Can you access Statistics/Data for the result, but not Charts? Can you describe the data that still blocks the Charts, i.e. number of rows/attributes and the statistics for your attributes (right-click on the background of the Statistics view and select "Copy statistics to clipboard" to be able to paste them somewhere).

Regards,
    Marco
    Hello,

I can't test in RapidMiner 6.0 because I do not have the license and I need more than 1GB for the process..
    However, I change the process and now it's working!

I think it was due to memory problems (since it's not realizing well the memory, it does not have enough memory left for the display..) (?) 
    It's just a guess!