Options

cluster data with SOM algorithm

denizdeniz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited April 2019 in Help
Hello
I want to cluster my data with SOM algorithm, my data file is csv type. I found some tutorials about neural network and all use data repository to retrieve data. Do I have to use repository, if I'm please help me have I store my csv file in repository? If I'm not what should I do, what are the steps?
Thanks for your help
deniz

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

it is generally a good idea to store the data in the repository by first reading it via Read CSV and then use the Store operator to store the example set in the repository.
    In another process you can then easily access your data via the retrieve operator without the need to configure another Read CSV operator.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    denizdeniz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    thanks for your hellp :)
    I solve this problem but I couldn't cluster my data set with SOM algorithm because I couldn't find it. Can you explain how I use SOM algorithm please?
  • Options
    northrondnorthrond Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    You will find it when you check the results of your operation and click on example set tab -> Plot view  and then you can choose SOMfrom the dropdown menu under Plotter option. have fun.