[SOLVED BY 1.2] Analytics only with JavaSkript ?

kuehnkuehn Member Posts: 25 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi friends

I started to install an analytics server. It finished successful and up to now there are no problems.

But now I started to configure an MSSQL Connection. That Instance required to enter the instance name, but the analytics backend want work. May be a javaskript problem? I tried Mozilla 9.0.1. and IE 9. I can change tab "Erweiterte Einstellungen" - geman way :-) .. but its unpossible then to find a save button or rechange to the first. So I can't change the Porperties to my required instance.

I shut down javaskript using by browser, but then the backend does not work very well.

The main question ... where are the connections saved. Are they redundant in a connection.xml like RapidMiner  C:\Users\[UserName]\.RapidMiner5\connections .. or must I remeber how to configure JBOSS ?
[solution and answer : the connection data are stored in a database table]

So how can I specifiy INSTANCE BY MSSQL ... without using the RA Backend (because it is not possible to save the cahnges after changing to the tab "Erweiterte Einstellungen" ???

Nice Day
Uwe
Tagged:

Answers

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

database connections defined in RapidAnalytics are saved in a database. Currently, the only way to configure them is via the Web interface.

Unfortunately it is hard to understand what your problem with the Web frontend is. If I would have to make a guess I assume that when you click on a tab, that tab opens fullscreen and thereafter cannot be used anymore, right? We have been able to observe this behaviour once, but it was not reproducible. Is it reproducible in your case? Also after a restart? It may be a richfaces problem that we can maybe solve by updating a library.

Can you save the connection when you don't use the tabs?

Best,
    Simon
  • kuehnkuehn Member Posts: 25 Contributor II
    Hi Simon,

1. Yes you are right, I cannot go back to the other tabs, after clicking an tab once
    2. Yes I can save, if I not clicked on an tab
    3. Yes I can reproduce them, Today I started the server to check your question - so it is reproducable after an restart
       - May it is an rich faces problem
       - I have this problem with IE9 and Mozilla 9  .. today I updated Mozilla up to Version 10 .. and there is shown the html-code, after an refresh the discussed problem is there, too
       - the problem is present on the locale browsers on the Windows Server and in the network on Windows XP and Windows 7 reproduceable

looking forward
    Uwe

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

we have modified the handling of tabs in this section. Please reconfirm whether the problem persists after the next update.

Best,
    Simon
    Hi Simon,

that sounds pretty well.
    Do you know the time, if the update will published ... ?

Another question.
    I thought that Rapid Miner and Rapid Analytics are Open Source Projects, but I only can find the sources for rapid miner. I did'nt find any sources of analytics. May the source is a part of the sources in RapidMiner Repositries or is the Analytics Code not published yet ?

I wish a nice day
    Uwe
    Hi there,

I did install the new version 1.2 today.
    No upgrade problems. And the tabs are changeable *happy*.

the tab changing works now, too. What ever you did - it is help ful.

In summary let the additionally buttons there where they are, because java skript is some times stupid.

thx
    Uwe