"[SOLVED] HELP : Eclipse shows errors before execution"

ielhassaniielhassani Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

I bought the White Paper "How to Extend RapidMiner 5.0" and I followed the steps shown in page 11 to create my own Extension. Unfortunately Eclipse shows errors before execution  :(
: Project 'RapidMiner_Vega' is missing required source folder: 'src_test'

Help please.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

did you checkout the RapidMiner sourcecode here: https://rapidminer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rapidminer/Vega ?
    It contains a src_test folder, so does your local version you checked out contain one as well? If not, please checkout the RM Vega project again.

Regards,
    Marco
  • ielhassaniielhassani Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Thank you Marco Boeck.
    Actually you're right!
    Now eclipse shows another error :
    The type DriverAdapter must implement the inherited abstract method Driver.getParentLogger() DriverAdapter.java /RapidMiner_Vega/src/com/rapidminer/tools/jdbc line 40
    thank you for Help.
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,
    the reason here is that you try to compile your Project with JDK 1.7. There has been a change in the interface "Driver" in this version and now it needs this new method.
    The solution here is to compile RapidMiner with JDK 1.6 and everthing should work.

Best Nils
    Hi,
    Thank you Nils.
    I compiled RapidMiner with JDK 1.6 and the error is gone.
    Now I have some Warnings (100 of 191 items)... is this normal ? Can I continue my work ?
    thank you for Help.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

indeed, Warnings are just warnings, so you can ignore them.

Regards,
    Marco
    Thank you all
    SOLVED