Options

"[SOLVED] Wordnet rapidminer extension exception"

dxhuradxhura Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello Everybody!

I am writing a Wordnet extension for rapidminer which eliminates synonyms. I managed to integrate it in Rapidminer, but I am having a strange exception that says:

WARNING: Caught exception in concurrent execution of Stem Synonyms (Stem Synonyms): java.lang.ClassCastException: com.rapidminer.operator.text.Document cannot be cast to com.rapidminer.operator.text.Document

Can anyone help with this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Did you enable "parallelize something" anywhere in the process for any operator? RapidMiner sometimes has some hicc-ups with parallelization. Btw, we are planning to release a WordNet extension ourself soon.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    I had 'parallelize_vector_creation' set to true! And this was the only one parallelize  i found in the XML file of the process.
    I set it to false but still the exception happened.
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I had this error before myself and parallelization was not the reason. As far as I remember, the reason was that each extension uses an own class loader and hence there might be a scenario where two classes Document exist, one loaded by each class loader (one of the text extension, one for your extension if you extend Document for example).

I am not 100% sure but it could be that the solution is to use the dependency mechanism, so you could define that your extension depends on the text extension in the manifest.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Hi,
    I did the following as you suggested:

<property name="extension.dependencies" value="rmx_text[5.1]" />

Sadly it did not work either! Any further suggestions?!

Greetings,
    Sara

• Options
    StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    dxhura wrote:

Hi,
    I did the following as you suggested:

<property name="extension.dependencies" value="rmx_text[5.1]" />

Sadly it did not work either! Any further suggestions?!

Hi,
    and what is you project setup? I think that you should have no jar file with text extension in your lib folder. Because than it is included in your jar extension and thats problem.

Best,
    Vaclav
  • Options
    Hi,

Problem fixed!
    Thank you!