"Read Database Oracle Issue"

BalajiBalaji Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi All,

I am new to RapidMiner. I am trying to user the Read Database control with Oracle database. Since Oracle driver is not available in Rapid Miner 5.2.001. I downloaded the Oracle driver from the Oracle site and updated the C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\resources\com\rapidminer\resources\jdbc_properties.xml file as below.

<driver name="Oracle"
drivers="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
driver_jar="C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc5.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc5_g.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc5dms.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc5dms_g.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc6.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc6_g.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc6dms.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/ojdbc6dms_g.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/orai18n.jar,C:/Balaji/DownloadJarFiles/Oracle_Drivers/xdb6.jar"
defaultport="1521"
urlprefix="jdbc:oracle:thin:@"
dbnameseparator=":"
type_varchar="VARCHAR2"
type_text="BLOB"
type_integer="INTEGER"
type_real="REAL"
type_time="TIME"
type_date="DATE"
type_dateTime="TIMESTAMP"
identifier_quote_open="&quot;"
identifier_quote_close="&quot;"
value_quote_open="'"
value_quote_close="'"
/>
Then also I am facing the issue “No Suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:DB”
If anyone have idea please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

please use the "Manage Database Drivers" dialog under "Tools"->"Manage Database Drivers" which comes with RapidMiner instead of editing .xml files (and the wrong one at that).
    Also RapidMiner 5.2.003 is the latest RapidMiner version, so I suggest you update RapidMiner while you are at it ;)

Regards,
    Marco