Options

Editing single value in a repository dataset

cgkolarcgkolar Member Posts: 29 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I have a feeling that there is a really simple answer to this that I am missing.  I have imported a large spreadsheet into the local RM 5.2 repository, and spent a while labeling and typing everything during the import process.  Now that I want to start to work with it I find that there is an erroneous value in the middle of the data set.  I would rather not have to change the value in the spreadsheet and go through the import process again, is there a simple way for me to change the one "cell" from 47 to a 3?  Am I missing some sort of basic data editing functionality, or am I just lazy?  Thanks, Chris

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi Chris,

there are two possibilities. First you can buy the RapidMiner Enterprise Edition where you can edit values of an example set without using an operator.
    Or you can use the "Set Data" Operator. Here is an example:

<process version="5.2.003">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.003" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="206" width="413">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.2.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="112" y="120">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Iris"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="set_data" compatibility="5.2.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Set Data" width="90" x="313" y="120">
            <parameter key="example_index" value="4"/>
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="a1"/>
            <parameter key="value" value="42"/>
            <list key="additional_values"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Set Data" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Set Data" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Best,
    Nils