interprete the results? :-)

I was trying different combinations but got no
meaningful plots. Or should no useful results be
expected for this artificial example?

Regards,
Martin
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Martin,
    you should select enable_normalization on the x-axis and then select performance as value to plot.
    Then the x-axis should show 2 values: False and True. The points above will show the performance if normalization is enabled or not.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hi Sebastian,

however, when I follow your advices, I get a vertical line for the performance
    (parallel to the x-axis) that goes through 0. So, this mean that enable_normalization
    had no influence on the performance (for true and false the performance is 0).

This is a little bit strange and that's why I was asking. :-)

Or did I get something wrong?

Martin
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I have attached the plotter (please note that this is one of the new scatter plotter of the new 4.3 release) with its settings to this post. You can see that enabling the normalization has an effect on the performance which will be slightly improved.

Cheers,
    Ingo

[attachment deleted by admin]