User-specification of decision tree model possible?

tennenrishintennenrishin Member Posts: 177 Contributor II
edited August 2019 in Help
Is there a way to construct/specify a decision tree from user-specification, rather than inducing it from data?

Background:
I am generating a report for each node in a folder-tree (parsed by a process that recurses via Execute Process). Each node (folder) represents a different decision tree that needs to be tested on the input data, and therefore first constructed. The exact tree is known in each case; it just needs to be made into a model that can be applied and reported etc.
Tagged:

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Unfortunately, that's not possible. Maybe you can simulate the behavior of a decision tree (or rather a decision stump/a node of the decision tre, which you have at each node of your folder structure if I understand you correctly) with the Filter Examples operator. That won't however be easily visualizable, and the process might get rather complex.

Best, Marius
  • tennenrishintennenrishin Member Posts: 177 Contributor II
    Thanks.
    Do you think it might be possible via Write As Text -> Read Model?
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    I don't see how this should be possible. But if you can think of any way how to use it, just give me a hint :)

Best,
    Β  Marius
  • tennenrishintennenrishin Member Posts: 177 Contributor II
    I had thought the structure of the decision tree might be reflected simply and straightforwardly in the structure of the xml file interpreted by Read Model, but after some experimenting with Write Model I see that this is not the case.