Problems Running RapidAnalytics - JBoss errors

jcurry1jcurry1 Member Posts: 24 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I have installed RapidAnalytics on Linux Redhat (65).  Install seemed to go fine.  (Installed MySQL, Java 1.7, created rapidanalytics db and user and other  prerequisite steps. Also checked that JBOSS_HOME not set already.)  But on the first run of RA, I get errors and can't start the application.  The start of the server.log shows the following:

2012-07-18 16:06:37,267 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (Thread-2) Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
2012-07-18 16:06:37,269 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol] (Thread-2) Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-127.0.0.1-8009
2012-07-18 16:06:37,270 INFO  [org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer] (Thread-2) JBossAS [6.0.0.Final "Neo"] Started in 1m:8s:389ms
2012-07-18 16:22:30,846 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] (Thread-2) Failed to load profile:: org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "CachedConnectionManager" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "TransactionManager" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "ConnectorMBean" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=socket" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=socket' **")
  Deployment "DefaultUserTransactionprovider" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "<UNKNOWN DefaultUserTransactionprovider>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'TransactionManager' **")
  Deployment "DeploymentInvocationHandler" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "ConnectorMBean" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Configured")
    Dependency "ConnectorMBean" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "DeploymentManager" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "JBossTransactionServices" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "TransactionManager" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Configured")
  Deployment "JMSConnectionFactoryManageMO" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "<UNKNOWN JMSConnectionFactoryManageMO>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'JMSServerManager' **")
  Deployment "JMSQueueManageMO" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "<UNKNOWN JMSQueueManageMO>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'JMSServerManager' **")
  Deployment "JMSServerMO" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "<UNKNOWN JMSServerMO>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'JMSServerManager' **")
  Deployment "JMSTopicManageMO" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "<UNKNOWN JMSTopicManageMO>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'JMSServerManager' **")
  Deployment "JndiBinder" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss:service=Naming" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss:service=Naming' **")
  Deployment "MBeanManagedOperationProxyFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
[root@IBI_RapidMiner log]#
Tagged:

Answers

• haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi,

https://community.jboss.org/thread/163144 suggests that you'd be better off with Java 1.6 , the wikipedia page is almost informative http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JBoss_application_server ( bear in mind that RA is JBoss AS 6 ).

Good luck!
  • jcurry1jcurry1 Member Posts: 24 Contributor II
    Thanks Haddock,
    Yes, it did strike me that Java 1.7 might be slightly risky.  I must have been in a rather reckless mood that day. 

I will switch to 1.6 and reinstall.  Would yourself or any other readers know what the recommended cleanest way to uninstall RapidAnalytics in Linux Redhat is?

John.
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi John.

Reckless eh, been there also! I'm on Ubuntu, but don't use RA that much any more because of the access issues, however I do remember re-installation as being fairly simple. If you trash the RA SQL database and repeat the standard installation things should be OK. You could just hit the RA tables, but I'm lazy!

Good luck