Options

"[SOLVED] Database connections in RM from RA"

sweetcornsweetcorn Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi all,

I have a question about database connections which are inherited by RM from RA.

I have setup one connection in RA via web browser. I then launch RM from RA and I can see my DB connection under the DB list once I have opened 'home' and refresh the DB list again. No problem with this.

However, when I close RM and reopen it, repeating the above will result in the DB being shown twice in the DB list on RM. If I go to Manage Database Connections I can see the same database listed twice. One of the instances says "Taken from: Home". First question is - why does this happen and how can I stop it?

Secondly, could this effect operation of a process remotely? For example, if I want to run a process remotely on RA using data from the DB but I select the data from the DB connection which does NOT say "Taken from: Home" then is it possible the data will be copied from DB -> local machine -> RA instead of just DB->RA during processing ? If this could happen then this is a problem I think Β ???

Look forward to responses,
Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

if you execute your process remotely, in can only access those database connection which are defined on the server. The connection is resolved by name, so even if on your local instance you select the local database connection, the process will take the one from the server if executed remotely (given that both connections have the same name).

I currently have no explanation, why your database connection is duplicated, but as I said above, as long as everything works as expected don't bother :)

Best, Marius
  • Options
    sweetcornsweetcorn Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks Marius. Yes, I agree, not much of an issue as long as it runs correctly.

Thanks!