Local Feature Extractor - ImageMiner-1.4.1

DoloopDoloop Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I am experimenting with the ImageMiner-1.4.1 extension.  The Local Feature Extractor is a container for embedded processes.  When placing local feature processes within it (for example the Autocovariance local feature extractor) I get the following error:

ExpectedImagePlusGSIOObject but received ImagePlusBaseIOObject.

It seems that the Local Feature Extractor container is delivering this "Image Plus Base IO" object to the nested processes, but I can't seem to find any process that will accept that object.  I am probably missing something obvious here but I can't figure out what it is.  Any help on the usage of the Local Feature Extractor container object is appreciated.

By the way, I downloaded a process from MyExperiment that uses the Local Feature Extractor container and I am getting the same errors on it.

Thanks.

Answers

• StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hi,
    I think problem is that The Local Feature Extractor uses gray scale images and your images are colored.

Best,
    Václav
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hello guys I have the same problem and I don't understand the cause. Could this  be a problem of the extension? I convert my images to grayscale. This is the workflow I am using.
    p.s.: i didn't think it is good to create a new topic, since this is till open and i face the exact same issue.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.008">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="imageprocessing:bag_of_words" compatibility="1.3.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="Global Feature Extractor using Histograms" width="90" x="112" y="120">
            <list key="categories">
              <parameter key="city" value="C:\Users\Elena\Dropbox\Master\Thesis\mcio"/>
            </list>
              <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="imageprocessing:color_to_grayscale" compatibility="1.3.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="Color to grayscale" width="90" x="112" y="120"/>
              <operator activated="true" class="imageprocessing:feature_extraction_operator" compatibility="1.3.003" expanded="true" height="94" name="Local Feature Extractor" width="90" x="313" y="75">
                  <operator activated="true" class="imageprocessing:bvlc" compatibility="1.3.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="BVLC" width="90" x="246" y="120"/>
                  <connect from_port="grayscale 1" to_op="BVLC" to_port="grayscale image plus"/>
                  <connect from_op="BVLC" from_port="feature" to_port="feature 1"/>
                  <portSpacing port="source_grayscale 1" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="source_grayscale 2" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="sink_feature 1" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="sink_feature 2" spacing="0"/>
                </process>
              </operator>
              <connect from_port="img" to_op="Color to grayscale" to_port="color image plus"/>
              <connect from_op="Color to grayscale" from_port="grayscale image" to_op="Local Feature Extractor" to_port="images 1"/>
              <connect from_op="Local Feature Extractor" from_port="example set" to_port="example set"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_img" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_example set" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Global Feature Extractor using Histograms" from_port="example set hist" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    To add to my previous comment, I think that indeed maybe there has been some kind of change between the versions.
    Check this workflow http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/2324.html.
    When I use this workflow on my 1.4.1 Image Mining Extension I get the same problem: "Expected ImagePlusGSIOObject but received ImagePlusBaseIOObject."