"Data to Series - Error: No value series in input example set"

rosanarosana Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello everybody!

I have an Example Set with about 100 examples and 25 regular attributes.
I would like to convert every attribute data into a series, and to obtain de Fourier Transform of every series.

I have used the "Data to Series" Operator, but it says "Process failed. No value series in input example set"

What should I do?

Thank you very much!!
Best regards, Rosana

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Rosana,

as always please post your process setup. The devil is in the details...

For me, the following process works perfectly. For your usecase, you have to set the transformation_mode to "series_from_examples" (which is the default).

Best, Marius
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.000">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="235" width="413">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="112" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="series:data_to_series" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Data To Series" width="90" x="246" y="30">
            <parameter key="series_attribute" value="att1"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Data To Series" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Data To Series" from_port="series" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • rosanarosana Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Hi Marius,

I'm including now the code... If I'm not wrong I understand that I should set "series from attributes" as I would like to have a serie for each attribute... ¿?

Thank you very much!!
    Best, Rosana
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.008">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="394" width="640">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve (3)" width="90" x="45" y="75">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="../../Results/ResultsParaFFT"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="series:data_to_series" compatibility="5.2.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Data To Series" width="90" x="246" y="75">
            <parameter key="transformation_mode" value="series_from_attributes"/>
            <parameter key="series_attribute" value="AccXC"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="series:fast_fourier_transformation" compatibility="5.2.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Fast Fourier Transformation" width="90" x="380" y="75"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="series:series_to_data" compatibility="5.2.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Series To Data" width="90" x="514" y="75"/>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve (3)" from_port="output" to_op="Data To Series" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Data To Series" from_port="series" to_op="Fast Fourier Transformation" to_port="series"/>
          <connect from_op="Fast Fourier Transformation" from_port="series" to_op="Series To Data" to_port="series"/>
          <connect from_op="Series To Data" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    No, you need series from examples. Just try it :)

Of course you have to loop your attributes and handle each attribute on its own, because when you create a series from examples, you end up with only one series from only one attribute. That attribute can be specified with the parameter.