Options

"Error with ValueSubgroupIterator and nominal values"

keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
I've run into a strange problem.  If I save the process at the end of this message to a file, restart RM and load it, when I try to run it I am getting the error message:

NumberFormatException caught:
For input string: "all"
However, if after loading it, I first select ValueSubgroupIterator, click Edit List for "attributes", and change the values from "all" to "above p" and then back to "all" (thus restoring the process to its initial form) before running the process, it runs successfully!

Seems like there is a parsing glitch in the code?  This is RM 4.3 Zaniah branch built yesterday.

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="NominalExampleSetGenerator" class="NominalExampleSetGenerator">
    </operator>
    <operator name="ValueSubgroupIterator" class="ValueSubgroupIterator" expanded="yes">
        <list key="attributes">
          <parameter key="att1" value="all"/>
        </list>
        <operator name="DecisionTree" class="DecisionTree">
        </operator>
    </operator>
</operator>
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi Keith,
    keith wrote:

Seems like there is a parsing glitch in the code?  This is RM 4.3 Zaniah branch built yesterday.
    yes, that is very likely since we changed the internal handling of parameter lists to allow macros in numerical parameters. Thanks for pointing this out!

Regards,
    Tobias
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that we managed to include the fix in the release of RapidMiner 4.3.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    You guys (and gals) rock!  Congrats on the RM 4.3 release!

Keith