RM 4.3 Enterprise Update

haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm on RM 4.2004 Enterprise, which tells me that an update us available. I press the buttons, progress is indicated, but nothing happens - I'm back where I started. Any ideas, anyone, please!

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I just tested it again to be sure: everything went fine for me for the Enterprise versions 4.2.000 and 4.2.004. Looking at the time of your post I assume that our update server was currently in the progress of building the update compilations while the update to you was delivered - and failed since the delivered file was corrupted (tomorrow, I will ask the developer of the update server if this could be possible at all). Since the update server has finished to build the compilations and it works at least for me, I would suggest to simply try the update again - it should work now for you, too. Please let us know if this is not the case so we can try to find the reason why this could happen.

Anyway, all customers of the Enterprise Edition will get an e-mail with information about the new release. This mail will also include updating instructions in cases where the automatic updates fail (e.g. for specific proxy settings or a too restrictive firewall).

I hope this helps,
    Ingo
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Bonjour Ingo!

Sorry to say the problem persists. The curious thing is that the download and install progress bars complete, with the "successful installation" feedback intriguingly displayed  :-\.

I don't appear to have received an update mail, so maybe I'll wait for that.

• haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Allo Allo!

Mail duly arrived, 4.3 installed fine and all is well. Auto-update from 4.2 to 4.2004 went fine, so maybe my setup got scared by the increment size. I will feed it some biscuits to calm it down.

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

good to hear that the mail arrived. Sebastian will have a look into the update server and the created compilation just to be sure. But since we know of other users who performed the update from 4.2.004 to 4.3.000 maybe it indeed was some local problem.

Cheers,
    Ingo