Options

RM 5.3-Issues with Web Crawl Operator & Folder Permissions? -SOLVED

dudesterdudester Member Posts: 15 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I think I saw something in earlier posts to the effect that if RM can create new repositories, it should mean you've got the permissions to write to a the hard disk.

Since my upgrade to 5.3, things have been fine, except when I try to crawl a few sites.  The operator parameter specifying output location will take an entry, but when I try to run the process (just a straight web site page pull looking for keywords) I get an error: "Failed to create directory: ......." (whatever directory I attempt to specify for the crawl results.)  "Please check if you have permissions to create a directory in the specified location."  

I am able to create a new repository, and/or move processes or folders around.  Ironically, I have a couple processes that pull RSS feeds and write to a DB, and I've had no problem with these.

I'll dig into the firewall and WIN7 UAC permissions issues here shortly, but am wondering if anyone subsequent to the 5.3 install has had similar issues?

Thanks    :-\

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Unfortunately, as written here, a bug slipped into the new release. It will be fixed with the next patch release.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    dudesterdudester Member Posts: 15 Maven
    Thanks, Marius, for your quick reply

I will await the patch.  BTW, Rapid Miner is an awesome product.