Options

"Replace Missing Values Failure"

Jester87Jester87 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I tried the Replace Missing Values operator in the tutorial, and it didn't seem to replace any of the null values.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.3.005">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.005" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.3.005" expanded="true" height="60" name="Labor-Negotiations" width="90" x="112" y="120">
        <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Labor-Negotiations"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="replace_missing_values" compatibility="5.2.000" expanded="true" height="94" name="Replace Missing Values" width="90" x="313" y="120">
        <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="no_missing_values"/>
        <parameter key="attribute" value="duration"/>
        <parameter key="attributes" value="|duration|wage-inc-1st"/>
        <parameter key="invert_selection" value="true"/>
        <list key="columns">
          <parameter key="wage-inc-1st" value="minimum"/>
          <parameter key="wage-inc-2nd" value="maximum"/>
          <parameter key="wage-inc-3rd" value="zero"/>
          <parameter key="working-hours" value="value"/>
        </list>
        <parameter key="replenishment_value" value="35"/>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Labor-Negotiations" from_port="output" to_op="Replace Missing Values" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Replace Missing Values" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="90"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="36"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    For me, the process you have posted works perfectly. But did you notice that there is a break point after the Retrieve operator? That means that the process will stop after data loading and show an intermediate result. Note that the Run button is green while the process is in the breakpoint. To execute the next operators, you have to press the green Play button again.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    Jester87Jester87 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Marius wrote:

For me, the process you have posted works perfectly. But did you notice that there is a break point after the Retrieve operator? That means that the process will stop after data loading and show an intermediate result. Note that the Run button is green while the process is in the breakpoint. To execute the next operators, you have to press the green Play button again.

Best regards,
    Marius
    Thanks Marius, that seemed to work. But now I have to figure out why my own process doesn't want to replace missing values.

(Also I noticed that RM requires Java 7 now? I guess this means OSX 10.6.8 is unsupported?)
  • Options
    If the attribute that contains the missing values is a special attribute, e.g. the label or the id, you have to tick the "include special attributes" paramter. Maybe that's already all :)

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options