Options

"Histogram by Percentage"

JKLONDONJKLONDON Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi how do I configure histogram plot so its done on % and not frequency?  sure I am missing something very obvious  :-\

Thanks
JK

Answers

• Options
    JKLONDONJKLONDON Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Anyone? apologies if this is so obvious  :o

Have figured out advanced charts this morning which is pretty cool but can get the Y axis to show as %  instead of Count, if I need to manipulate the data then what do I need to do?
  • Options
    SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    It is not uncommon that questions in this forum are not answered immediately, especially if it is bedtime here in Germany. :)

Unfortunately it is not obvious how to use percentage instead of the absolute count. You will need a small hack and calculate the count in the "Aggregate" operator before. Here is an example process with generated data.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.009">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.009" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_nominal_data" compatibility="5.3.009" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Nominal Data" width="90" x="45" y="30">
            <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="1"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="5.3.009" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="179" y="30">
            <list key="aggregation_attributes">
              <parameter key="att1" value="count (percentage)"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="group_by_attributes" value="|att1"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Nominal Data" from_port="output" to_op="Aggregate" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Aggregate" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Than you can use use the advanced charts for the output and drop the "att1" attribute on the domain dimension, "percentage_count(att1)" on the numerical axis and select "Bars" in the visualization configuration after you have selected "Series: percentage_count(att1)".