documentation on building blocks and templates

rmuntz9rmuntz9 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited July 2019 in Help
I have not been able to locate documentation on building blocks and
templates.  Can someone help me out?  Thanks,
rmuntz

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    If you can't find information in the documentation section of our website, we probably don't have documentation yet. What do you want to know?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • rmuntz9rmuntz9 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Blocks are of most immediate interest to me.  I believe these allow a "subprocess" to be represented
    as one operator.  The basic functions would be to (a)create/delete a block definition, (b)incorporate a
    predefined block in a new process, and (c)navigate a process containing a block by going "into"
    the block and then out again.  Thanks,
    rmuntz9
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Building blocks allow you to store one preconfigured operator (e.g. a Subprocess operator with some contents) as a kind of template, that you can insert into another process.
    It is a little bit like copy/paste, just that what you copy can be accessed any time again.

If you want to "call" a process from another process, use the Execute Process operator. You can even pass data and macros around.
    To pass data: on the inner process, connect the process input ports on the *right* of the process to get input, and connect those on the *left* to pass output to the calling process.
    In the outer process, connect the data to the ports as you would do with any other operator.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Marius