HTTP 500 error, SQL error

JayCarrJayCarr Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
So I installed RapidAnalytics CE and everything goes according to the book until I get to the part where I do the install on the server.

To recreate the steps:
1 - I create a schema titled RapidAN on a MySQL DB that is on a different machine on my network.
2 - I create a fresh install of RA CE using my local machine as the RA host and then using that scheme I mentioned in the step above.  I do this using the .bat file so that I can run it as administrator.  This process exits normally.
3 - I open run.bat in my RA CE folder and let it do it's magic.
4 - I open Chrome and go to <localhost>:8081 (which is it's address, I just changed the default, though I've done this with the default as well...got the same result.)
5 - I enter the user: admin and password: changeit.
6 - I leave the default settings on the install page and enter in the location of my plugin and tmp folders.
7 - I hit install and the second screen comes up.
8 - I hit install again and am immediately taken to a page that informs me there is a HTTP 500 error.  If I click logout I get a screen that gives a huge stack trace.

At that point it's irredeemably broken.  So I usually go and ctrl-c the cmd window to kill it and then close the command window.

I have the bootlog, but have no idea how to attach it...if someone wants to see it please tell me how I can get it to you and I will.

Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can paste the server.log and boot.log files to for example http://pastebin.com. Please make sure the logs only contain the log entries of one try which resulted in the error. To do so you can delete both files, reproduce the problem and upload the logs afterwards.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JayCarrJayCarr Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    Pastebin seems to be having issues so I used a website called ChopApp.com, which seems to work pretty well.

Here's the boot.log:  http://chopapp.com/#dcn0txhh
    Here's the server.log: http://chopapp.com/#rpn5jcqo

Not exactly sure what to make of the logs, but, then again, I don't have a lot of experience setting up application servers, so that's probably why I'm having a hard time...
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you are trying to setup RA on Java7, which is unfortunately not yet supported. We are currently working on a Java 7 ready version, however until then you'll have to use Java 6 I'm afraid.

Regards,
    Marco
    How do I go about forcing Java6? 
    Hi,

make sure your JAVA_HOME variable points to the correct directory where Java6 is installed on the machine.

Regards,
    Marco
    Okay, that should work for now, but having 1.6 as my default Java is going to cause problems elsewhere.  Is there a launch script somewhere that I can just put "-version:1.6" into?
    Nevermind, that doesn't seem to have fixed it.  It's still throwing errors everywhere.  Here are the logs:

Server Log: http://chopapp.com/#tuelvxbf
    Boot Log: http://chopapp.com/#6jzfumjp

Any thoughts?
    Hi,

can you try and update the mysql jdbc driver? Navigate to the RapidAnalytics/server/default/lib folder, remove the old mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar and replace it with the mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar or newer (not quite sure what the latest version is)?

Regards,
    Marco
    I'm currently trying to "fix" the problem by installing RapidMiner onto Ubuntu.  If/when that doesn't work I'll do this idea and see if that takes care of it. 

We've been experimenting with switching to a linux environment so, I figured why not try and get RapidAnalytics to install on the environment we may be moving to...
  • TrustUnCamerTrustUnCamer Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    I try to make all change asking hier, because i have the same problem:

1) "...use Java 6 ..."

2) "...make sure your JAVA_HOME variable points to the correct directory where Java6 is installed on the machine."

3) "...remove the old mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar and replace it with the mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar or newer..."

But it didn´t work, thanks to propose some idee or solution!
    Hi,

can I please ask you to create your own thread? Also to help identify the issue please delete your boot.log and server.log from the RapidAnalytics/server/default/log directory, start your server (until you run into the problem), and then post your fresh boot.log and server.log in the thread.

Regards,
    Marco
  • TrustUnCamerTrustUnCamer Member Posts: 6 Contributor II

The problem was solved that  after the change, I restarted my whole system again.

Thank for your availability to providing assistance.