connecting to oracle with other separator

xDStickerxDSticker Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
edited August 2019 in Help
Hello rapid-i Team,

i used the RA for a long time with oracle db. But today the oracle system changed.

Now I need to re-configurate the RA like my RM. In RM I need to change the "Schema separator" from ' : ' to ' / '. --> Connection established

Than I connected with admin to my RA and to change the separator there too. But ... there is no option to do so :( and thats why i cant connect with RA to oracle anymore ...
The separator is between the port (1521) and scheme (DWHSUN). Its ' : ' on the picture but it need to be a ' / '.

Please help me with this problem.

Thank you for your time :)
xDSticker
Tagged:

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

which Oracle version have you been using before and which one are you using now?
    At the moment it is not possible to change the Schema separator on RA I'm afraid.

Best,
    Nils
  • xDStickerxDSticker Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    HI,

its the same version. Oracle 11g. But we have two server's now, and because both have an own SID, it's necessary to use there SERVICE_NAME instead of the SID.

To adress the SERVICE_NAME over the JDBC-connectior, I have to use the seperator ' / '.

Thanks ;)
    Hello again,

So it's NOT possible to use RapidAnalytics with big Orcale DB's reachable over SERVICE_NAME instead of SID ?

xDSticker
    No,

unfortunately this is currently not possible.

Best,
    Nils
    Hi Nils,

I just update to version .012. And now I cant connect to my Orcale 11g Server with RM eighter...

I got a real problem now!...
    Before this update, i work around this by download needed data with RM to RA and use it there. Now RM show me "Io exception: Invalid connection string format, a valid format is: host:port:SID". What is strange because I didn't change my JDBC Driver, just updated RM. So there is now a format-check? Do you wanna force me to break up with RM?

Even when you guys dont wanna support distributed oracle systems, so pls give Data Miners the posiblity to give her own connection string to RM like: "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//HOSTNAME:PORT/SERVICENAME"
    If I could write this by my own, i would be happy. The formular is not such important.

Pls read this for more information:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4832056/java-jdbc-how-to-connect-to-oracle-using-service-name-instead-of-sid
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/java.111/b31224/urls.htm#BEIDHCBA
    Hi again,

we did not introduce such a format-check. At least not by intention. We updated some jdbc drivers but as we do not deliver the Oracle JDBC driver,
    that shouldn't have changed at all. When exactly do you this error message?

Best,
    Nils
    Hi rapid-i team,

sorry for my late reply.

Here is the screenshot of the error message in the latest version (012). I tried to reinstall 008 and had luck. The old version do it's job and read from out database.

So its realy a specific 012 error message, i hope you fix this soon. So I can update again.

Thank you for your time
    xDSticker